https://va.org/va-home-improvement-loans-9-things-to-know/At Caliber Home Loans, Inc. we are proud to support the Veterans and Active Military who serve or have served our country. We understand that finding the perfect home can be difficult especially into today’s market. However, with the help of VA Home Renovation loans, you can purchase that fixer-upper and turn it into the home you love.
With VA Home Renovation loans you get the best of both worlds. You still get the same benefits of a VA loan, including little to no down payment and low closing costs, but VA Homes Renovation loans also provides up to $25,000 for repairs and/or minor remodeling. Plus, you won’t need to worry about making two monthly payments on two separate loans, because you have the simplicity of one payment for the renovation costs and loan.
Other features and benefits include:
- Just for Veterans – only homes purchased by Veterans are eligible
- Lower monthly payments – 30-year financing available to keep your payment lower
- Start your repairs immediately – the loan is a single-transaction, meaning you’ll get your funds to make repairs at the time of purchase
- Stress-free payments for repairs – we will issue your renovation funds directly to your contractor for you
- Multiple property type options – Choose from a variety of property types, including 2-4-unit properties